Thursday, July 8, 2010

San Gimignano

Yesterday, 1. I made parmesan bread for lunch with ciabatta bread (delicious) and 2. we went to the medieval town of San Gimignano. Medieval towns are awesome. I think they are one of my favorite parts of Tuscany.  If I ever decide to leave America and become a hermit, or get rich and have a vacation home, it would be in the Tuscan hills in or right by a medieval town. Medieval towns are beautiful and just. . . magical. It's like I'm stepping into a novel. 
Basically, it was awesome. I wish we went in the morning and had more time. We also had world famous gelatto (i had pear and strachiatella. . not really great together, but good on their own) One of the best parts was going up to the tallest tower and seeing the view of the Tuscan hills. These don't do it justice, but they'll give you an idea.


Ah! Gorgeous! We're going to a Medicci Villa now, and then to Rome for the weekend!

Post script: We didn't get to go to the Medicci Villa, because of bus confusion, but we did make it to Rome! New post soon! 

2 comments:

  1. Great stories Jen. Learn Italian when you come home and then go back. With my background in French I taught myself Italian in a year. Once you fall in love with italia you are going to return again and again! Glad you are soaking it in. ps great leather purses in Florence at a shop by the Duomo, the real deal. At the moment I cannot recall the name but it is around by the back, or it was there 4 years ago....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rome is very different but magical in its own way. Keep your eyes wide open: you will be walking down a non descript busy street and then,,,, there it is...il coloseo, or..a fabulous church....or some other bite of history. Rome is vespa city!

    ReplyDelete