Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Scooter? Mary, This is a Vespa!

This is the scooter I would have if I lived in Florence
(For some reason, the colors are really off in this picture. . .the one on my computer is different) Vepas are the prettiest and classiest of the motor scooters, in my opinion! 


After I got back from Rome on Sunday, I took a walk around the city. I love walking around Florence and I don't need a map anymore to know where I'm going. It was very peaceful. I went to Edison Bookstore -- which has a ton of books in Italian, but also some in English. It was so nice just to be around books! Students were studying in the cafe too -- it was lovely.  I also really enjoyed seeing the books they've translated into Italian. I found a few books from my favorite series, and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies... it was great. Edison is in Piazza Della Repubblica which is usually very touristy, but was much more quiet on this Sunday afternoon. I love the Carousel.
I then walked very far down the river and made my way home. I just can't get enough of the beauty here.
The soundtrack to Sunday was "The Light in the Piazza" Cast recording. The musical takes place in Florence and the music is as gorgeous as the city. 
After not really having dinner, I headed down to the Fish Pub to watch the World Cup finals. I ordered a Strawberry Daiquiri and really tried to drink it, but after several attempts, it just tasted like rubbing alcohol. ::sigh:: I'm very bad at drinking. Anyways, we watched the game, and it was so fun! Sorry Netherlands fans, but Spain clearly had better ball handlers and worked together better (granted I am speaking out of ignorance, because I only watched this game). Obviously, I was rooting for Spagna (along with most of the Italians, although there were some orange jerseys watching with us). It was a fun game to watch -- if you don't know, it was 0:0 until the last four minutes of overtime. I never watch soccer. . er football, but I really enjoyed it! After the game, we walked downstairs through a loud Italian song about Spagna and went home to our apartments to bed. 

1 comment:

  1. Looking at those photos I can just hear the water rushing. Beautiful. So happy for you <3

    ReplyDelete